środa, 4 kwietnia 2012

SolidWorks Flow Simulation - F1 frontwing

Lately I've started learning solidworks and flow simulation aswell. Today I've done some simulations on my frontwing, just to check if some of my ideas will work. Unfortunately for me, due to my lack of meshing knowledge it takes a lot more time, than it should and in fact I can't mesh some areas at all. I guess I'll build more simple model anytime soon, so it won't require so much power and it'll be good excercise for me to learn SW. Anyway here are two pictures of flow trajectory, one being velocity-dependent coloured, and the other one pressure-dependent. I've set initial velocity to about 55 m/s which is approx. 200 km per hour. The simulation apperas to be quite correct, however areas of speed difference above and beneath the wing seem to be wierdly large (first picture). I blame it on the fact that there is no ground implemented in this simulation. Pressure figures might look odd too (just 5000 Pa peak-to-peak amplitude), but it's 2D simulation, so they're not really representative. The measured slice generated about 50N downforce (again 2D+no ground).



Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz